During these unprecedented times, many people are feeling stressed without their normal routines. Below are some tips to help you decrease the stress and get your back into a routine.
- Try and get back to your normal schedule as best you can. This includes sleep, meal/snack times and workout routines. This will help you keep a routine and decrease mindless snacking all day. If you normally went to bed by 10:30, keep it up! Binging Netflix til 1 am will only lead to feeling sluggish the next day!
- This sounds silly… but get dressed! Lounging in pj’s all day is okay sometimes but nothing beats a shower and getting dressed to start your day. (I advise jeans or work pants.)
- Watch the caffeine and sugar. Both will lead to periods of adrenaline followed by periods of being exhausted (a sugar crash so to speak).
- Moderate the social media. Constantly being in front of screen and viewing articles of “gloom and doom” can lead to more stress and depression. Set limits on your social media during our time of social distancing!
- Get moving! Tune into the Live Fitrec classes, download many of the free apps out there (Peleton, 7 minute workout, Nike Training Club, there are SO MANY!). Set a time the day before and what workout you will do. (I am doing a fitness challenge with my running club and doing an ab challenge from Novacare. Moraine employees join our Facebook group here, I will post workouts and resources).
- Don’t forget to focus on some healthy meals and snacks! Download this list of snacks if you are hungry in between meals.
Stay tuned for some more recipes!