SPINACH-STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
SERVES: 4 • SERVING SIZE: 3 ounces chicken + 3 tablespoons stuffing
PREP TIME: 10 minutes • COOK TIME: 45–50 minutes
1/2 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon tarragon
2 whole chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total), halved and boned (leave skin on)
1/2 teaspoon tub margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine spinach, cheeses, and tarragon. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Lift up skin of each chicken breast and divide mixture evenly among them. Be careful not to tear skin. Smooth skin over stuffing; tuck underneath to form a neat package.
4. Brush each breast with melted margarine. Place in 2-quart baking dish.
5. Bake uncovered for 45–50 minutes until chicken is browned and no trace of pink remains.
6. Remove and discard skin after cooking.
Like this recipe? Check out the American Diabetes Association’s newest cookbook: THE COMPLETE MONTH OF MEALS COLLECTION! This collection of recipes and kitchen tips is designed to provide busy, at-home cooks with 31 days of no-fuss meal planning!