Looking to add more vegetables to your diet?
Look no further! Try this quick and easy recipe with tonight’s dinner
Preheat oven to 450 Degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil.
Chop up a head of broccoli* (not frozen). Place in a bowl. Pour ~2tbsp olive oil over broccoli and toss. Place on cookie sheet and spread out. Lightly sprinkle with seasonings (I use garlic, pepper and a dash of sea salt).
Roast in oven for 10 minutes. (After about 5 minutes you can mix around veggies if you desire).
Viola! You are done! This is my favorite way to cook vegetables, because it is fast, easy, healthy and best of all? Tastes good!!!
*This recipe can be used for any vegetable: tomatoes, peppers, onions, brussel sprouts, cauliflower.. you name it!
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower recipe!
1 head cauliflower (chopped into small florets)
Fresh or canned Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)
Olive oil (in a diffuser is the lowest calorie way)
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400-425 degrees
- Chop cauliflower and spread on a baking sheet (covered in tinfoil for easy clean up!)
- Spray olive oil (using a diffuser for lowest calorie options or toss with 1-2 tbsp oil)
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt (I like the taste of sea salt the best) and cracked pepper.
- Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring, turning veggies at least 1-2 times.
- Take out and sprinkle on cheese. (Can even add a tbsp of balsamic vinegar as well).
- Put back in oven for about 5 minutes.
You can also add a wide variety of spices and herbs to experiment with flavors.
Kelly Devine Rickert MS RDN CSSD LDN