Don’t forget about your fitness this holiday season! Here are some ideas to help you fit more physical activity into your day. Even just 10 minutes of exercise can blast 100 calories!
• Look for short periods of time (at least ten minutes) during the day in which you can do some physical activity.
• Do a 10 minute interval workout.
o Alternate the following exercises for the first 30 seconds of each minute followed by 30 seconds of rest.
Walk/Run in Place
• Park at the far end of the parking lot when you are out and about (When safe to do so!)
• Be active during lunchtime! If you bring your lunch to work, you may have time to take a brisk walk.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
• Plan and prepare meals ahead of time, so you’ll have time to exercise.
• Get your family to exercise with you. It’s a fun way to spend some quality time together.
• Leaves still hanging around? Rake leaves for the evening.
• Keep a daily log; this can help you see where you can fit in more physical activity.
• Exercise inside using machines or DVD’s (PX90, Leslie Samsone, On Demand etc)
• Track your pedometer steps. Increase your goal each week!
- Walk around the neighborhood and look at the holiday decorations!