Made a new recipe last week and it was DELISH so had to share.
(Not the most calorie friendly recipe in general but this pot pie is much lighter than your standard version!)
Add a tossed salad or some steamed veggies to complete this hearty meal!
Chicken Pot Pie
1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp butter
1/4 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic
1 c chicken broth
2 cups shredded chicken (I shredded a no salt rotisserie chicken from the deli to save on time)
1-1.5 cups frozen veggies
Premade pie crust in refrigerated section (2 sides)
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Saute onions with butter for a few minutes until cooked through. Add flour and combine.
2. In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, broth and chicken. Add in seasonings, onion mixture, and frozen veggies.
3. Place 1 side of pie crust down in pie pan, add mixture on top and cover with the second crust. Pinch sides so both sides are sealed together.
4. Cut a few lines on top for the pot pie to breathe. Lightly coat the top layer with beaten egg so top crust browns.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, turning 1 time in the oven. Let stand while you prep salad and any side items. (We added some mashed potatoes for our side last night.)
I’m talking the best tasting pot pie I’ve made with a TON less fat than usual. Makes for a great Sunday meal with the family!
Let me know how you like!